Nine Local Businesses Recieve $340,000 | Business
Los Alamos National Security awarded $340,000 to nine local businesses this year to help them grown and develop in Northern New Mexico.
The grants are coordinated by the Los Alamos National Laboratory’s Technology Transfer Division and under the auspices of LANS’ Venture Acceleration Fund. LANS contributed $315,000 and Los Alamos County invested $25,000 in funds
. “Over the last two years, Los Alamos County has contributed more than $75,000 in cash and in-kind resources in support of the Venture Acceleration Fund. We hope to see more communities contributing in the future to support the growth of exciting companies such as the current set of recipients. It’s a great partnership,” Los Alamos’ Technology Transfer Division Leader David Pesiri said.
Awards were given to four companies in Santa Fe, two in Los Alamos, two in Rio Rancho and one in Moriarty. Venture Acceleration Fund recipients for 2013 are as follows.
- Aerolenz, LLC, Santa Fe: insulated aerogel skylights.
- Awesome Harvest, LLC. Santa Fe: cloth growing pots.
- PlanitMapper, LLC, Santa Fe: app used for outdoor activities.
- Seamless Medical Systems, LLC,Santa Fe: electronic medical record keeping system for medical offices.
- GeoEnergy Monitoring Systems, Inc., Los Alamos: seismo-acoustic system to monitor seismic activity.
- SportXast of Los Alamos, Los Alamos: mobile app for sports broadcasting.
- Customizabooks,Rio Rancho: digital publishing house for children’s books.
- NuAira, Inc.,Rio Rancho: power-assisted bicycles.
- Titan Aerospace,Moriarty: solar-powered aircraft manufacturing.
Since the program’s beginning in 2006, LANS has awarded $2.8 million to 39 businesses, which have generated $24.7 million, or nine times return on investment, through job creation, increased revenues and attracting additional financing.
The fund was originally created to commercialize technologies developed at the Lab but now includes all types of businesses in every stage of development.
Upcoming Events near Santa Fe - Northern New Mexico
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NM Game and Fish offers reward in poaching case
- Winter weather hits southern NM
- Las Cruces man pleads guilty to murder in car chase
- <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px;">Body of a woman identified</span>
- White Sands Missile Range commander promoted