New Mexico man sought in mother's dragging death | Crime
Photo: Rocky Dixon
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Authorities in northern New Mexico's Rio Arriba County are seeking a 24-year-old man in the dragging death of his mother.
The Sheriff's Office says 59-year-old Patsy Dixon died Thursday of injuries suffered March 3 when the pickup truck driven by 24-year-old Rocky Dixon dragged her nearly 50 feet
According to the Albuquerque Journal, sheriff's spokesman Jake Arnold says the dragging occurred as Rocky Dixon drove off from his ex-girlfriend's home.
The ex-girlfriend had called police after a dispute, and Arnold says Patsy Dixon may have been trying to block the license plate of her son's truck from the view of officers.
Arnold says deputies haven't been able to locate Rocky Dixon. He says the son didn't visit his mother at the hospital in Albuquerque before her death.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Santa Fe - Northern New Mexico
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Las Cruces man pleads guilty to murder in car chase
- <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px;">Body of a woman identified</span>
- White Sands Missile Range commander promoted
- Roswell approves voting convenience centers
- New area discovered at Carlsbad Caverns