Garden pick used in El Rancho triple-homicide | Crime
Police are revealing new information on what happened to three people found dead in a small community north of Santa Fe.
According to the Albuquerque Journal, Lloyd Ortiz, 55, his wife Dixie, 53, and their son Steven, 21, were beat and killed using a garden pick.
When the bodies were first discovered Sunday night at the family’s home in El Rancho, police said the three had been shot, but autopsy results later revealed evidence to the contrary.
KOB Eyewitness News 4 recently spoke to a family member of the victim who expressed frustration over the how investigators have handled the case so far.
At this time police have remained tight-lipped on the investigation, giving no word on possible suspects or motives.
But they are asking neighbors to be on alert and on the lookout for any suspicious activity in the area.
Upcoming Events near Santa Fe - Northern New Mexico
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NM Game and Fish offers reward in poaching case
- Winter weather hits southern NM
- Las Cruces man pleads guilty to murder in car chase
- <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px;">Body of a woman identified</span>
- White Sands Missile Range commander promoted