Bingaman to chair energy field hearing in NM | Environment
Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-NM)
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - U.S. Sen. Jeff Bingaman will be in Santa Fe for a Senate Energy Committee field hearing focusing on climate change in the intermountain West.
Santa Ana Pueblo Gov. Walter Dasheno will be among those to testify. His tribe has been dealing with the effects of post-fire flooding.
U.S. Geological Survey research ecologist Craig Allen and Los Alamos National Laboratory scientist Nate McDowell will also address the committee.
The deputy director of the Western Regional Climate Center in Nevada, Kelly Redmond, is also scheduled to testify.
The hearing begins Friday morning at the Santa Fe Community College.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Top Santa Fe - Northern New Mexico Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Santa Fe and Anthony Recieve Housing Counseling Grants From HUD
- Health Care Companies to hold Job Fairs
- City and County Agree to Share Responsibility for Receiving and Processing Municipal Court Bonds
- Santa Fe Community Farm and The Food Depot in Search of Volunteers For A Great Cause
- Santa Fe City Council Considers Magazine Ban