Services planned Friday in Espanola for bus driver who died in crash | News
ESPANOLA, N.M. (AP) - Family and friends are set to remember a school bus driver who was found dead this week following a crash in the Carson National Forest.
Memorial services for Pat Valdez are scheduled Friday at the De Vargas Funeral Home in Espanola.
Police say the 69-year-old died at the scene of a school bus crash Monday after authorities said his bus went off a road and slammed into an embankment near La Madera. All nine students on the bus were injured.
Three suffered broken bones.
A burial is scheduled Saturday in Las Tusas, N.M.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation, although authorities believe Valdez may have suffered a heart attack.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Santa Fe - Northern New Mexico
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Winter weather hits southern NM
- Las Cruces man pleads guilty to murder in car chase
- <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px;">Body of a woman identified</span>
- White Sands Missile Range commander promoted
- Roswell approves voting convenience centers